A simple Indian potato dish, known as masala aloo, is a great recipe often served to celebrate Holi. It literally brings new life to the table with its bold spices.
1. Halve the potatoes and boil them for about 15 minutes or until they are tender.
2. When they are done, run them under cold water to stop the cooking process and let them cool down.
3. When they’ve dried and cooled, slip the skins off and cut the pieces into quarters.
4. Sprinkle the potato pieces with the rice flour. Coat them well.
5. In a skillet or kadhai heat 2 Tablespoons of coconut or other vegetable oil.
6. When the oil is hot add in the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds start to crackle, add in all the other spices.
7. Keep the heat low and stir the spices around well so that they are mixed into the hot oil.
8. When everything is well mixed with the oil, add in the rice flour coated potato pieces.
9. Stir them around so that the potato pieces are covered in the spices. Cook them this way for about 7 minutes. Keep stirring so nothing burns. Sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the potatoes and serve them up!
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below