Let’s skip the fries and enjoy our favorite spud in this aromatic, heavily spiced, Sri Lankan Potato and Cashew Curry.
3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion chopped
4 pieces garlic chopped
1-inch piece of ginger chopped
1 Tablespoon mustard seeds
1 green pepper sliced
6-8 red potatoes chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon curry
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon cashews (garnish)
Parsley to garnish
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 40min
1. Saute onions, garlic, ginger, in olive oil for 15 minutes or so.
2. Then add in mustard seeds and green pepper and potatoes and saute a couple minutes.
3. Add in veg stock and coconut milk and spices and let simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add in cashews and let cook another five minutes.
5. Garnish with parsley and cashews – enjoy with rice or naan.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below