Cheesy Potato Kaldereta Bake
Prep Method: Baked
Recipe by: Chef Rosebud Benitez Velasco
Layer of potatoes with spicy tomato-based beef stew topped with grated cheese then baked until melted. A twist on a classic Filipino dish that is hearty, tasty and perfect for any family occasions.
- 200 grams U.S. fresh potatoes, sliced thinly and pre-boiled
- 500 grams beef sirloin, pre-boiled and shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup liver spread
- 1 piece siling labuyo, chopped
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 piece carrots, small cubes
- fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- basil for garnish
- Cook the Kaldereta: Saute onions and garlic. Add beef. Add carrots and cook until soft.
- Add the tomato paste and cook.
- Add the tomato sauce. Pour in the beef broth.
- Add the liver spread. Let simmer and season with pepper and fish sauce. Add the bay leaf.
- Placed the thinly sliced potatoes at the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Top with the Kaldereta mixture.
- Combine cheeses and place on top of the Kaldereta mixture.
- Broil in the oven for at least 10 minutes at 150C or until the cheeses melt and has browned.
- Serve hot.