Heirloom Recipe Collection. These are treasured family recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation. Tried and tested recipes whose rich, comforting flavors not only please the palate but warm the heart and soothe the soul. Be ready to be introduced to familiar but unusual dishes crafted with different kinds of fresh table stock potatoes and be surprised that there is a whole potato wonderland out there just waiting to be discovered. There’s such a wide selection of potatoes now, especially with the introduction of U.S. varieties in recent years, which can practically go into any Filipino dish, heirloom dishes included. Read on!
1. In a pan, heat lard from the can of chorizo. Fry diced potatoes in it until light brown. Set aside.
2. Using the same pan with the remaining lard, sauté garlic and onion until translucent and fragrant.
3. Add ground pork and continue frying for 15 minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper and calamansi extract.
5. Add sliced chorizo, then the fried potatoes, bell pepper and sweet peas. Mix well.
6. Add beaten eggs, and continue cooking by tossing the mixture continuously until eggs have firmed up.
7. Sprinkle with grated cheese just before serving.
8. Serve with warm pandesal.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below