This purple potato salad with beets and arugula is sure to add a nice pop of color to any meal.
2 lbs. purple potatoes, peeled and halved or quartered
1 cup cooked, peeled and diced red beets
1/2 cup minced red onion
2 cups lightly packed baby arugula leaves
1/2 cup coarsely chopped, toasted walnuts
1/2 cup crumbled good quality Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Place purple potatoes in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket.
2. Steam for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
3. Let cool then cut into bite-size pieces.
4. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl and toss with potatoes, beets and onions.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and chill for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
6. Just before serving lightly toss arugula with potatoes.
7. Sprinkle with walnuts and Parmesan.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below