Potatoes USA presents recipes from Chef Myrna Segismundo, where familiar American dishes are treated with a dose of the renowned culinary expert’s innovation and talent. Her dishes all feature US potatoes with distinction.
1. Combine salt, pepper and paprika and rub pork all over. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
2. In a pan with oil, sear the pork until browned.
3. Place pork skin side up in a pot. Cover with enough water and braise about 2 ó hours or till tender. Let cool.
4. Transfer pork to a large bowl, then shred meat with two forks.
5. Add vinegar, sugar, hot sauce and barbecue sauce. Set aside.
1. In a mixer, place all dry ingredients and beat on low speed, then add water and olive oil and continue mixing about 5 minutes until elastic. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 8 pcs then on a floured surface, individually roll dough balls into 6 – 8 inch tortillas.
3. In a preheated non – stick pan, cook tortillas on both sides. Repeat procedure for each piece. Set aside.
1. Place a cooked tortilla on a plate, then horizontally arrange lettuce about 2 inches away from the tortilla edge closer to you.
2. Top lettuce with shredded pork, grated cheese and fried straight – cut potatoes.
3. Roll the tortilla and filling tightly into a cylinder.
4. Slice the burrito into two and serve with sour cream and pico de gallo.
PICO DE GALLO
Combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below