Heirloom Recipe Collection. These are treasured family recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation. Tried and tested recipes whose rich, comforting flavors not only please the palate but warm the heart and soothe the soul. Be ready to be introduced to familiar but unusual dishes crafted with different kinds of fresh table stock potatoes and be surprised that there is a whole potato wonderland out there just waiting to be discovered. There’s such a wide selection of potatoes now, especially with the introduction of U.S. varieties in recent years, which can practically go into any Filipino dish, heirloom dishes included. Read on!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a preheated pot with butter, sauté onion over medium heat.
3. Add chicken and brown all pieces.
4. Add wine and allow to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, then dust the mixture with flour, making sure all pieces are coated evenly.
5. Cover the mixture with enough water, chicken stock or broth.
6. Add chorizo, carrots and mushrooms, and simmer until the vegetables are cooked and the liquid has slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Transfer the dish into a Pyrex or cast-iron baking dish.
8. Top with mashed fingerling potatoes and Parmesan cheese, and brown in the oven. Serve warm.
FOR THE MASHED FINGERLING POTATOES:
1. Boil U.S. Fingerling Potatoes until tender. Let cool in a bowl before mashing with a fork or potato ricer.
2. Whip butter into the mashed potato, then add cream and continue to whip until a smooth consistency is achieved.
3. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below