Recipe developed by Joyce Goldstein
- 1 cup mild olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes (canned are acceptable)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: sugar if tomatoes are too acidic
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 8 cups spinach leaves, well washed
- 6 very small potatoes (about 8 to 10 ounces), roasted or boiled and then sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced inch thick
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- Segments of 4 oranges (about 32 pieces) minus peel, pith and membrane
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 10min
- In medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Toss the spinach leaves with some of the vinaigrette and place them on salad plates.
- Dress the rest of the ingredients with some of the remaining vinaigrette (there may be some vinaigrette left over, depending on how heavily you like to dress your salads) and place atop the spinach.
- Makes 6 servings.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below